Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I clean up ArcserveIT folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teklow

MIS
Apr 2, 2001
US
Hi,

I am backuping lot of data everyday. If it is a full backup, I need to backup 240+GB. The problems I have is the Arcserve database (I have ArcserveIT 6.61 then upgraded to 2000). The database folder increase 800MB each time after a full backup. I tried several method to keep it small. But I am still having problems with it. Now I clean up database folder every week. After I clean up the database folder which is under ArcserveIT directory, there are still some activity log files I can not get rid of. They are in ArcserveIT folder, I am not sure if I can delete them. How do I clean up ArcserveIT folder? I would like to delete everything under there except the necessary files have to be there. Thanks!

Hi Teklow,

I am guessing that the main problem you are having is that Arcserve was probably initially installed on the local operating system drive and it's causing you low drive space fairly frequently? If so, you may need to reinstall Arcserve to an alternate drive with the extra drive space capacity that can handle this.

The other thing is to prune your database more often than you currently have it set for. You can do this via the Arcserve Admin tool. I think by default it's set for 30 days which is to long for the amount of data you are backing up. We have ours set to 3 days I believe and as well have relocated Arcserve on an alternate drive.

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks,

Darryl Brambilla
EDS Canada
Darryl.Brambilla@eds.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back