Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change to a 24hour clock on a 4620 phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauly55

Vendor
Feb 12, 2003
DK
Hi This sounds quite simple but has been foxing me all day.
Its simple enough, the time on the 8300 is in 24 hour format how do I get the phone time display in 24 hour format?
I have in the sys features it set to update phone but I only seem to get a 12am/pm clock

Any ideas , Can it even be done ?

Thanks in advance

the only way I've managed it is by changing the language to spanish - the time appears in 24hr then!!

Cheers,
NJ

PS: Please let me know if my advice has been of any use.

Thanks for your info
Unfortunatley Spanish is not so good for me, The installation is in Denmark so the second best language is english.
I have also tried unicode on the language settings which looks great until but then you lose all abbreviated dial labels...
Your help is much apprecaited anyway

Pauly55, we had the same issue here in Germany, so here's what we have done:
Change the display language to USER-DEFINDED, then you can set the labels for all buttons yourself: change display-messages button-labels
you can set them to Danish if you like or just - as we did - use the english term for the translation, too.
You might need to change other language messages, too, (like for the POSTED MESSAGES), just type in change display-messages and hit F5 for help, browse thru the options you have there...

Regards,

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back