Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change the way combo box prints in form

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2001
US
I am using Access 2000 and have created a data entry form. In this database I have 2 tables. One is called CaseManagers and includes CMID (primary key linked to Main table), FirstName, LastName, and FaxNumber. The second table I called Main which stores the results of the data entered. The Main table has a field called CMID which I have linked to the CMID in the in the CaseManagers table.

I have created a form and for the most part it seems to work as expected. The only problem I have is with a combo box I have setup and how it looks when I print it out. In the form a person will enter a name of a client and then they will choose a case manager from a combobox I have. I had to create 3 different combo boxes in order for it to display the results I wanted. In the first combo box I used the command SELECT [CaseManagers].[CMID],[CaseManagers].[FirstName] FROM CaseManagers

*** I don't have the database right in front of me at the moment so I could be slightly off on the formating of this Select command ****

In the second combo box I have the command SELECT [CaseManagers].[CMID], [CaseManagers].[LastName] FROM CaseManagers

And the 3rd combo box is the same except it uses [CaseManagers].[FaxNumber]

For the most part this seems to work, I choose a case manager from the first combo box and the subsequent combo boxes automatically change to the respective fields.

The problem though is when someone enters all the information in the form I want them to print that form out. When they do it prints out the combo box with the arrow beside it. How can I make it so it just prints the text? The results I am wanting is that they select a Case Manager and then it places just the text of the Case Manager Name and Fax number on the form without all the boxes and arrows that you see when entering the data into the form. I did set the square around it to be transparent so I was able to fix that but the arrow box would still appear. How do I eleminate this arrow from being displayed? Do I need to do something other then a combo box? I tried using a combination of a combo box that you choose from and in another field display a text box that uses the Dlookup, but it would not work unless I exited completely out of the form and then went back in. I assume this is because technically the data has not been saved to the table for Dlookup to work. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dale

The printing of a form is sort of like a screen print. What you see is what you get. You could create a report and map the fields of the report to the fields of the form and put a button on your form to print the report.

Just thought....

ProDev, MS Access Applications
Visit me at ==> Contact me at ==>lonniejohnson@prodev.us

May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back