Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change the splash screen back to the default?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhaynes54

Technical User
Mar 9, 2004
US
Running Windows ME. Somehow we managed to change the splash screen that appears upon startup. It is now a picture that was supposed to be the desktop background. I cannot find where that splash screen image is stored so I can change it back to the Windows default. Any ideas?

For some reason ME moves the last downloaded picture that was used as the background to the startup and sometimes the the shutdown splash. I don't know how to remove it, but if u load another picture to the background, then load another one, it will push the one u are trying to get rid of out.

Must admit can't remember if ME same as 98 - but in 98, you get the default splash screen unless there is a file called logo.sys in the root of C:, that is a bitmap c. 128kb big. So if you have such a file, I'd suggest renaming/moving it.

Thanks for the help. Orypecos, your solution worked. It doesn't quite make sense as to why, but since "it ain't broke", I won't fix it any more:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back