Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change the number of rings on my main greeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredH71

Programmer
Sep 3, 2014
US
How do I change the number of rings on my main greeting?

I have a greeting/menu on my main number. When I dial it, it rings 3 or 4 times before the greeting/menu answers. How to I change that so that it is immediately answer when I dial the main number.

- Avaya IP Office Manager v5.2
- Avaya IP Office Voicemail Pro v3.2

Thanks,

If you're talking about announcements, reduce the timer from 10 to 1.

If it goes to a VM module, it should be passed on immediately from the ICR. If there's still a delay, it could be your lines (analog?)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Thanks Gunnaro,

Please clarify, "reduce the timer from 10 to 1." Where is this feature located?

Also, Yes, they are analog 8 analog lines.

All the way to the right on a hunt group, in Announcement-Tab.
Can't miss it.

But I'm still not sure about what you're having issues with, a regular Announcement with an AA menu in it or a custom made call flow module directly linked from the ICR.

No expert on analog lines, but the ring voltage could be too weak for the IPO to sense it on the first rings.
Run the impedance measuring on each of them, this might take some time...

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

The line is going to wait because you have loop start ICLID set to on. The first ring rings the IPO, the second ring passes the ICLID information. The third-fourth ring starts to ring the handsets with the ICLID information presented. Get ISDN if you don't like it or change your trunks to loop start (you'll lose ICLID but it'll ring faster).

You need to clarify if the handset is ringing and AA not answering or if the caller is hearing ringing tone and the system is waiting.
Watch active calls and your monitor trace.

If its analog lines set to ICLID on an IP Office 3.2 system then it will as holdmusic explains always be 3 or 4 rings. That has been improved a lot on (IIRC) IP Office 8.1 but even then can still be 3 or 4 rings (analog is old but reliable).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back