Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change the number of rings before auto atendant answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbalanoff

IS-IT--Management
Jul 7, 2001
US
I have a Lucent Merlin Legent System (Release 5) and I want to change the number of rings that occur before the system picks up to zero (or one). I have read the manuals as best as possible and everything leads me to the &quot;Cover Delay&quot; settings under options, but for some reason that option does not display for me <my manual says it should be there, but it just isn't>. Any advice?
Thanks!

What sequence in programming are you trying? What do you see when you try to get there?

Matt Wray
CCNA

Your probably missing a step, after you enter cover dealy option it asks you for the calling group. It's usually 770. this of course depends on how the auto att is setup too.

For music on hold you have to assign a line/trunk port for Music on hold. Then stick the music on hold device into that port.

Faffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back