Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do I Change Shared Permission On Users Folders 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBeaver

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2002
GB
Hi everyone,

OK, I'm starting to get on top of the little hacker I have at school here. Unfortunately he has discovered that he can access all the other students folders by loading up MS Word, typing in \\2000servername\username$ and then previewing as a website through Word.

This get's him straight into any student folder just by changing the username$ section to the students name.

So,

1:. Is there a net command to change the student folders to have permission to access them (modify or full control) by themselves only and the administrator? I have over 1500 folders to change!!!

2:. Is there a way of stopping Internet Explorer allowing access to the \\2000servername\username$ and also the 'C' drive on Windows 98?

Is there a script to do this?

I would really appreciate the help!

Cheers,

Simon.

use cacls from cmd line to remove Everyone from Security, give Full control to Administrators and Modify to Owner
from a batch file you may do it for multiple logins
hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back