Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change graph legend text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinken

Technical User
Aug 26, 2002
US
I want to change the text in the graph legend to read something more descriptive than SumOfABCXXXX. I've tried going to datasheet mode and changing the text, but it doesn't display in Print or Layout mode. How do I do this?

Also, can someone recommend a good book on creating reports in Access, other than just the same-old same-old line reports. I'm just starting w/Access after about 10 years away from writing code and a good text would be very helpful in bringing me up to speed quickly.

Thanks,

Shin

Go into the properties of the graph and then into the row source property click the ... button. This puts you into the query for the graph. Go into the SQL statement design view and when it says Select blah, blah, blah as [your legend description here]then look at your report.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back