Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I change data source in Cognos 8 Framwork Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

globalbear

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2004
SE
I have developed a project in Framework mngr that connects to a data source called "Test".

I have built a package on this project and constructed som reports on that package.

Now, I have finished my project and my reports and want to change the data sorce from "Test" to "Prod".

I would like to right-click on Data Sources in Framework mngr and "change data source" or something like that. Doesn't seem to work that way though.

Is it possible to change data source for a project or do I have to design a new project that looks like my old one but is based on the new source?

Run the metadata wizard from within framework manager :

view --> tools

THis enable a window with projects,statistics and tasks.
From among tasks you can select the metadata wizard and reselect a datasource.

Ties Blom

Thanks for your reply, but that will not do the trick for me. I don't want to add a new data source. I want to change data source from test to prod for the entire project. All tables etc. are identical for the two data sources.

However, I found a way of doing this yesterday:

*Find the Project folder
*Open the model.xml file in a text editor.
*Replace all old_data_source entries in the file with new_data_source
*Save the file
*Open the project in Framework Manager

This method works!

The easiest way is to just rename the data source name in the properties dialog.

-Click on the data source
-Change Content Manager data source from 'test' to 'prod'
-Change to appropriate schema.

This Should work if you have similar tables in your prod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back