Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I call a function from a script library

Status
Not open for further replies.

rphbrew

Technical User
Nov 30, 2002
US
This is the function listed in the script library.

Where and What do I use to call this function.

How do I call this function that is listed in a script Library. (I am just beginning to learn how to work in notes).

RevSaveReason This sub appends a new entry line to the Revision History. The line contains the revision number, date & time of the revision, who made the revision and the reason for the revision. You can call it from your script, for example, to record certain actions done to a document (e.g. the document was approved.)

Note
This sub does not save an old revision of the document. Since RevHistory is usually called from the Querysave event which already saves the document, the save would be redundant. However, if you call RevSaveReason from your own code, you must add the code to save the document.
If you are working with a new document created by a script, this sub initializes the revision history. You can pass it a custom RevReason, e.g "Document created with import from... "
If the document already has a revision history, this sub appends a new revision history line.

To include libraries into your code you simply need to declare them in the Options area of the code.
For example, if you are designing an agent, you have the Options, Declarations, Initialize and Terminate events.
Just include the line "USE xxx" where xxx is the name of the library containing the code you wish to call.
Do not forget to put the name in quotes.

In you code, you can then just use CALL and the name of the function/routine, or directly assign a result to a variable (as in
Code:
weight = getweight
).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back