Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I bypass a validator when button pressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duanw

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2005
GB
Hi All

I have an webpage which contains a form. On the form are two buttons. One button will need some input from various asp:textboxes with required field validators. Once clicked, the page posts back to itself, adding a record to the datagrid below it. It has a statement that checks that all fields are completed.

"If Page.IsValid = True Then"

The other button is supposed to just link to the shopping cart, showing the items inside it. But when I click the 'Submit' button, the required field validators do not allow me to continue. This event does not contain the

If Page.IsValid = True Then" statement

How can I bypas the validators when the 'Submit' is pressed.

Thank you all in advance.

D

Have a look into ValidationGroup's. They allow you to assign each control to a particular group and therefore allowing your second button to do whatever it needs without triggering the validation that is required for the first button to continue.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Thanks for that. Works perfectly now!!

Also on the second button you can simpy set the CausesVailidation = FALSE.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back