Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I blur an image like Hummer.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac51

Technical User
May 5, 2002
US
Could someone offer a simple explaination of how to make something similar to what is done on this webpage: Specifically, the appearance that some filter slides over and blurs half of the image. How would one even begin. I also like the way images are selected in their 4 pack or 6 pack image menus. This site is a very cool example of flash.

So, can anyone get the rest of use started on how some of these effects are accomplished? Or, is there similar source code available?

Thanks in advance for your help.

it looks to be photoshop effects. In the 4/6 pack selection pics they have blurred the image in photoshop and used that as the beginning state for the button. The second state is simply the sharp image. The first screen is basically the same. make your blurred image and place in a layer, next create a new layer and make that a mask, then you would animate the mask to give the effect on their frontpage.

If my post helps you, give the post a star
thansk
Visual1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back