Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I add controls to dialogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtlca401

Programmer
Mar 18, 2003
US
I have visual studio and know how to add controls that way, but would like to learn how to add controls using another compiler that is not visual based. The other compiler I have is bloodshed devC++. I have managed to add a button but that's it. I am looking for tutorials mainly, but anything would probably do. I have done a lot of searching too and can't find anything.

thanx

Good Luck! I also have DevC++, that was what I used before I got Visual Studio. The code is confusing. I would stick with Visual Studio.

Well I just wanted to learn how to do it for my own knowledge. Luckily I did figure it out. I am just having problems right now with checkboxes and radio buttons. I don't know how to make the label for them. Other than that the code for the controls is quite easy.

winprog.org has some of the best, most simplistic examples for several of winapi's (gui) most common programming aspects. if you don't understand that example, perhaps you should study up some more on the in-general and basics of the windows api, such as how to create windows, overview of common controls, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back