Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I add auto page numbers to 2 5.5" x 8.5" pages on a single ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SebastianStudios

Technical User
Oct 25, 2006
US
How do I add auto page numbers to 2-5.5" x 8.5" pages on a single 8.5" x 11" sheet.

To be clear I individual pages per 8.5" x 11" page, when I number now, both pages have the same page number, I want say the left 5.5" x 8.5" page to be numbered page 2, and the right 5.5" x 8.5" page to be numbered page 3 on the single 8.5" x 11" sheet.

Can someone please tell me how to accomplish this?

As always thanks in advance for your reading and replying,

Sebastian

Typically, you would design as a document of 5.5x8.5". The imposing to a letter-sized page is done at the time of print.

Hello SpamJim,

I can easily go back and create individual 5.5" x 8.5" pages and I know how to number single pages, but how do I then get them to print onto an 8.5" x 11" sheet?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Sebastian

It depends on your version of InDesign. What is it?

Some versions have a booklet feature in the File menu. Some versions require a free script that you can add to InDesign.

You can even produce a plain PDF file and use the booklet feature of the free Adobe Reader to impose into a booklet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back