Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do I add an asp.net page to an existing website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2jesus

Programmer
May 20, 2003
US
Hi all,

Here's my situation. Sorry if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find it. Anyway...

Our company has a "canned" website that is using asp.net 1.1. We don't have source code for it or anything helpful.

We would like to add an asp.net page that we can call from the canned website, but we will be writing that page. But, my tools only allow asp 2.0 or higher.

1: can I run an asp.net 2.0 page in a asp.net 1.1 website?

If so, how?

2: my page creates its own web.config file. how do I make the website use that config file when it calls the page?

3: do I have to merge the sites config file and my page config file? if so, how?

Basically, how do I deploy a single asp page so that it is integrated with another existing website?

Thanks for any and all replies.

why not simply design a 2.0 website and link the 3rd party website to your 2.0 website. this is significantly easier then messing with merging 1.1 and 2.0 project (if possible, which I doubt).

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back