Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Do i add additional domain names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbadler

MIS
Feb 28, 2001
US
I have a couple of different businesses, there domains are different. How can i set up a E2k on w2k with multiple domains so i am avle to set up individual outlook clients to send/receive from one domain or another ie. blank@mydomain1.com or blank@mydomain2.com. so when xyz sends out an email from mydomain1.com all the email shows coming from that domain and incoming goes to the same, and vice versa with the 2nd domain name. This might be a stupid question, but we have recently migrated from 5.5 to e2k.

1. Setup the second domain after Exchange is installed: open Exchange Server Manager -> Recipeints -> Recipient Policies -> Default Policy. Click on the Email Addresses (Policy) tab. Click New. Select SMTP Address and click OK. Add a domain in the format @domainname.whaterver and click OK. Check the box next to the new domain and click OK.

2. Client setup - open AD users and computers. select a user ,right click and click properties. Click the Exchange Addresses tab. Add the smtp address for the domain you want the user to use. Remove any other SMTP address names if you dont want them to use them. Dont remove the x400 address or anything else.

After you have dones this, no changes need to be made to Outlook setup.

Have a nice day
Doomhamur
Network Engineer
Doomhamur
Network Engineer
"Certifications? we dont need no stinking certifiaction."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back