Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I add a rounded rectangle as a background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

okpeery

Instructor
Dec 29, 2005
US
I am trying to move to table less css. I want my background to be the negative space of a rounded rectangle that fills the page. The positive space will be white and the content will go inside, the negative space will be orange. The model for what I want to replicate for shape is Is there a way to round the corners when you add a background color, is it a container, or is it an image and the content goes on top of not inside of it? I look at the code but don't understand where the shape comes from, and I'm new at this so I'm having trouble on my own.

It's an image. Right-click on it and you can see that it is

Ok, thanks, I can see the top part is an image. So I create an image in say photoshop that has rounded corners on the top like that and add it to a regular rectangle shape.

How do I have a background color and then the white space where the content is going?

Is the page divided into 3 columns and the middle column is the white space and the outer columns are they grey color?
Does the middle white space then have nested div tags to hold the content?

Is this a possible way to go?

Use Firefox with the Developer Toolbar extension from:
and it's then very easy to see how other sites are actually built

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back