Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I activate HTML Help from my .exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streeter33

Programmer
Jun 6, 2001
US
Hello.
I am creating a Clarion program, and I was hoping to ship an HTML Help file with it (I have a compiled HTML file -Help.chm). I put the cwHHGlobal extension template into my application (in the Globals section), put the Help.chm file into the same folder as both my .exe and .app, and inserted the name of the .chm (Help.chm) into the prompt box of the cwHHGlobal extension.

Supposedly, when I press F1 while the program is running, Clarion should intercept the Windows help call and direct it to my HTML Help file. But when I press F1, I get nothing - neither the Windows help file nor the HTML Help file I created.

Any ideas?
Thank you.

Update.
I have been able to activate the HTML Help (I forgot to add the HTML Help Procedure extension, which by the way seems to have to be added to each procedure in order to call HTML help - there appears not to be a way to just globally call it).

I still, however, can not call a specific page in my help file (i.e. context-sensitive help). The references for the syntax are a little vague.

Thanks for any help.

You will still need to set the help ids in the fields in the window or in the entry fields (you do this in the data dictionary) Once you have created and compiled your HTML help the ids should match those in your application and then when you press F1 you will get your context sensitive help.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back