Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I activate F983?

Status
Not open for further replies.

norbl

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
US
F983 is inactive so how I do I activate it? I don't seem to have an admin telephone, but I have the system password. When I go to XFTEST and enter 983, it says F983: FREE. When I test it says INACTIVE. I'm sure I'm going about it the wrong way so any help would be appreciated.

Try a F903 first. It should tell you your feature code range. Just say okay to it. Then do a F983. It might ask you for password instead of log. It is looking for 266344. Run through your configuration. Usually you just say ok or next to everything and let it set up.
Then you can do the normal feature 983 and log in as usual.
Good Luck!!

I tried F903, and it, too, is inactive. AARRRGGGHHH!

you should do your XFTEST again and delete all voicemail feature codes then reboot the voicemail, then see if you can use the feature codes once it is back up. I had the same issue on a NAM last week, this is what worked for me.

I have never run across a situation where I deleted feature codes out of XFTEST. What does that do for you? Just curious.

I would just power down, count to 10, power up, let it run for 5 minutes then do a Feature 903 first. IF THE MACHINE IS A FLASH.

If it is a NAM I would still recycle power then see if it 'sings' to me. (three consecutive ascending tones)

If it is an older NAM that doesn't give chimes, I would still recycle power and wait 5-10 minutes to try Feature 983. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com
If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

If you have a copper NAM or a Flash, you might want to check the ports to see if they are ON. Just plug in a 7XXX telephone, if the phone works, look for possible software version incompatibilities (NAM's and Flash's are compatible with older Norstar Systems (DR5 and newer). If the switch has a newer version than the VM, it ususally dosen't work, however it is backward compatibe (new VM, older switch). Basically that's all I can think of. Also give the system ample time to come up (usually 5 minutes). But that's all there is. Good luck!

mroberts: ever had a vm unit come up using the lower defaults? F940-F948? or have Access come up on F916 instead of F915? Removing codes using XFTEST then cycling power will allow MICS/CICS to reassign correct default codes.
DE

Ahhh, I see. Cool!
I haven't had a NAM come up under the lower codes as yet and if the Access Server code was something other than F915 I just used whatever it came up as. ie., 916, 917 etc.

Thanks!
MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com
If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back