Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How CreateTCP IP Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafmag

Programmer
May 29, 2003
PR
I have 2 computers runing on windows 2000 and I need to connect them together in a network. the computers are in diferent locations and my internet connection is DSL wich has port 80 blocked

How do I connect them in a network using TCP IP wich is the only port not blocked?

Thanks For Your Help.

a. TCP/IP isn't just port 80; it's simply a method of networking.

b. Do both PCs have their own ADSL connection?

c. Precisely how do you want to "connect" them? Just sharing files? Remote control?

Need more info.

jpm121 is correct, we need more info. Thanks.

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884
"Watson, the game is afoot!" [pipe]

I'm guessing he wants to link up with VPN. With VPN, you can treat another computer as in local network. But if I'm not mistaken, VPN needs static public IP from your ISP.

ok more info... well cheelsj is right a want to be able to use the computers as a local network so that the computers can share a database at the same time. both computers have an internet connection and to solve the static ip problem im using a program caled no-ip duc
thanks for your help

Have you checked into TightVNC?

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
"The best fire does not flare up the soonest."
George Eliot (1819-1880); Englist novelist.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back