Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How create a chart from a query? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pramsam1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2006
US
I am very new to this. Using Report Studio. Database is Oracle 9. I am trying to create a chart from the results out of a query on oracle. I have dragged and dropped query items into the chart as guided in the user guide. But when I run the report, my chart is empty. Do you have to do anything special with the data out of the oracle query before you can use the data items for the charts???? Much appreciated.

The main issue is that if you do not specify an aggregate explicitly on the measure, then Cognos will ALWAYS generate an empty chart.
So, check the aggregate property of the measure. I bet this is yet undefined..

Ties Blom

Hello All,

How to build queries on the top of the chart in report studio?

thanks for your help
divya

i need to build a small line graph from audit database showing performance report for the enduser and have to integrate with cognos connection portal pages.I got to create queries on the top of graph to get to know the performance whoever logs in and using cognos environment.

I managed to build a line graph in Report studio taking time dimension on X-axis and Execeution time of reports on Y-axis. but the requirement is i got to get day names (mon tue, wed thru, fri, sat, sun)on X-axis which i was failed to get. On y-axis i have to take two measures average execution time and Maximum execution time and that appear in two different colors on Y-axis.
And i need to get some information just above the graph like:
No. of users online today =
Reports run today =
Percentage of reports Succeded =
Does that make sense? i trying this from the past one week but i am not getting it. Please help me in this regard.
Your assistance is appreciated

Use a table with 1 column and four rows and put the graph in the lowest cell.
If the additional info is coming from seperate queries than insert lists in the 3 remaining cell and hide the columnheaders of the lists.

You can easily compute the days like:

Code:
CASE 
WHEN
_DAY_OF_WEEK([SOMEDATE],1) = 1 THEN 'mon'
_DAY_OF_WEEK([SOMEDATE],1) = 2 THEN 'tue'
_DAY_OF_WEEK([SOMEDATE],1) = 3 THEN 'wed'
_DAY_OF_WEEK([SOMEDATE],1) = 4 THEN 'thu'
_DAY_OF_WEEK([SOMEDATE],1) = 5 THEN 'fri'
_DAY_OF_WEEK([SOMEDATE],1) = 6 THEN 'sat'
_DAY_OF_WEEK([SOMEDATE],1) = 7 THEN 'sun'
ELSE '' END