Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can you make a background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lux

Programmer
Apr 6, 2001
IT
How come there isn't a background layer in Illustrator? ok, I want to make a pink background with a red heart in the middle. Inside the heart will be a pink fill with a picture of some cats. I want the cat picture to be white and sort of glow white so that most of the inside of the heart is white. Would I use the gradient mesh tool for that? Since I'm very new to this, I gave up on drawing a heart and just pasted one. So...how do you make a perfect heart anyway? Hope you guys can fill me in. Thanks!

There's no background layer in Illustrator unless you make one by drawing a shape of the size you would like and setting the fill to your preferred color.

So, draw a square of the size you want, set its fill to pink (either RGB or CMYK) Then put your image above it (shape of heart. Try converting a Zapf Dingbat character to outline) You can use a pre-made gradient (radial style) to fill and edit the black endpoint to be red instead.

Hope this helps/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back