Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can you get page numbers into a BO report once its saved as a PDF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pack10

Programmer
Feb 3, 2010
US
We have reports that are created in Business Objects. We have an off shore team that produces them.
One issue is we create a PDF from the BO, but we have to manually set up page numbers on the adobe side.
This should be something that can be automated, or we think it can be automated. Can anyone point me in the
right direction to get this done, its a PIA every week when we get a new batch of reports.

Thanks

All the BO report products have a way to put the page number into the report. With out knowing the specific report generator (Deski, Webi, Crystal Reports) and whether you have the rights to modify the report in question this makes the question hard to answer.

I know that our webi developers generate pdf reports with page numbers and they are run & distributed via eMail from the bo scheduler.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I am new to BO, we are working on webi reports.. but with multiple tabs. Anyway to propagate page numbers between tabs?

I believe that each tab's pages are independently numbered.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

I have been charged with finding a solution. We have a team off shore that produces a series of BO reports. I am checking them as there are
alot of changes going on. So, I download the report from Infoview save it as a pdf, then open the pdf and add the page numbers. Is there a way to automate this in BO.

With a finite number of tabs defined why not hardcode the tabs with pagenumbers?

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back