Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can you atomatically startup & shutdown your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

myown

Technical User
Apr 20, 2001
GB
using win2000

So you dont have to turn the comouter off at night and on again in the morning.
without a network card
thanks

Some systems have a BIOS setting for turning the system on at a specified time. There are downloadable utilities to shut it down for you as well. The other option would be to use the power management feature in the Windows Control Panel to put your computer on standby after a specified period of inactivity. Nate Gagne
ngagne@numa-inc.com

Why don't you just set up your computer to "sleep" after not being used for a period of time? It uses less energy in sleep mode and then you don't have to go through the boot up sequence. I leave my machine on 24/7, here at work and at home. It's my experience that Windows 2000 runs much better if it is continually on. In addition, if you'll look at the thread in this forum about the c0000218 BSOD error you'll see that shutting your box down isn't always such a good idea.

Just my opinion.

Have a positive day,
--Scott:)

I want to restrict internet access to some of my users, how will I set the internet access permissions upon logging in to the network? Set it through their domain user name and password?

Do I need a logon script? How to do that. I just use logon script for drive mapping and time synchronisation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back