Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can we tell if a Nortel CICS has auto attendant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambo2k

MIS
Feb 7, 2001
CA
Can we tell if a CICS or a MICS system has capability of doing an auto attendant?

We have a number of these systems at stores across Ontario - so if they are capable can we do this remotely without having to go onsite?

Thanks in advance

Auto Attendant can be either built into the Compact ICS (CICS) or in the Voice Mail system.
The CICS AA does not have mailboxes, it can only direct calls.

The MICS does not have a built in AA so it will use the Voice Mail system AA if one is installed.

The BCM has AA built in and has mailboxes.

To see if the CICS has AA:
-Press Feature *831, if it says invalid feature then it does not have AA

To see if a CICS or MICS has a Voice Mail system such as Mini, Flashtalk, NAM or Callpilot:
-Press Feature 985 and see if it reads out the ext (DN) number on the display, if it F985 says it is "Invalid feature" then it does not a have a voice mail system.

You cannot program remotley for the most part but depends if you have NAM or Callpilot or BCM which does have capability.
But they all can have the simple greeting changed remotely depending on the setup, done via the system managers mailbox.

Using a RAD and NRU software is another option.

I have people across the province.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

If you don't have an external voicemail/auto attendant system connected to your CICS/MICS (i.e. Nortel Callpilot), then you don't have any auto attendant, VM... features available with your system.

darthvader167 that is not true.
See my first line above: Auto Attendant can be either built into the Compact ICS (CICS) or in the Voice Mail system.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back