Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can load from Sybase ASE 11.5 to Sybase IQ 12 (using the IQBulk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsanchezj

Programmer
Mar 6, 2003
MX
Anyone can tell me how can I load from load from Sybase 11.5 to Sybase IQ 12 using the IQBulk Loader in DataStage 4.2 under Unix Sun Solaris 2.6

What I need to know is.. Do I need to make a special configuration? do I need to modify my dsenv? or the ODBC.ini? or do I need to install a special plug-in in the server?

Until now, what I did is just to make te job, using the IQBulk12 and it sent me the error that it can make the connection and that I need to check the Server name, user or password.

Thanks

The Sybase IQ Bulk Load stage uses Sybase Open Client to connect to the IQ Server. You need to make sure that you have Sybase Open Client installed on the server and that your interfaces file (found in $SYBASE) points to the IQ Server (execute dsedit to set it up).

The best way to test this is to just run isql. If isql connects then you should be fine (check isql as the same user that executes the DS jobs (dsadm on V5, not too sure about V4.2)).

Another option (Again I only know V5.1, not 4.2) is to set the load to Manual rather than automatic. Then you can execute the .sql file that is created in whatever path you specify.

If it all works, then it will load the data in a flash (its such a fast load).

Starg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back