Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I view data over the web?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grefly

Programmer
Mar 5, 2002
US
I have been trying for two days to get this to work!

I pass the user name and password via a form:

Code:
<input type=hidden name=&quot;user0&quot; value=&quot;user&quot;>
<input type=hidden name=&quot;password0&quot; value=&quot;password&quot;>

I also have a parameter:

Code:
<input type=hidden name=&quot;prompt0&quot; value=1>

When I send this to the report, I can see the report, but not the data. I get the same behavior when using a URL:

Code:
[URL unfurl="true"]http://server/directory/reportname.rpt?user0=user&password0=password&prompt0=1[/URL]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Other strange behavior...

If I pass only the password and user name, the report begins to load. Then I click the stop button in the ActiveX viewer. When I click this button, I am prompted for the parameter - if I enter it, I can then view the report, data and all! Unfortunately, the user will have no idea what to pass as a parameter, so that is not really and option!

Thanks in advance!

I'm new to crystal reports but this is the way I would do it assuming you're using Crystal version 8.5.

Go to File - Insert Field Object. The Field Explorer box will open. Right click on [?]Parameter Fields. Click New. Type in a name of your choice. Click Okay. Now go up to Report - Select Expert. This will bring up the Select Expert box. Click on the drop down list and choose how you want to select your records (e.g. &quot;Is equal to&quot;). Then another drop down box will open. Click it and the first item in the list should be {?YourParameterName} which you just created above. Click this. Then click okay.

THis should solve your problem.

omar

Create a new parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back