Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I verify backup files stores in Tape Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabriellai86

Technical User
Feb 28, 2007
MY
Dear All,

How can I verify backup files via Veritas Administration Console which stores in HP Tape Library?

Veritas backup jobs runs perfectly well and completed the task, however I would like to verify manually the files which stores in Backup Tape.

Is there any tools to do this?

Please help

It depends on what the term verify means. There is a utility in NetBackup called verify. All it does is read the tape and compare the files in the images on the tape to what is in the NetBackup database (catalog). It does NOT however tell you if the data in the file is good. It just does a compare of "table of contents" between the tape and the catalog.

If you want to verify that the actual data in the image files are good then the only way top do it is to do a restore and test the data from the restore.

Bob Stump
VERITAS - "Ain't it the truth?"

To confirm the files that actually were backed up can be found with bplist or bpflist depending on NBU version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back