Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can i use exp(export) utility from OS authentication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beksalur

Technical User
Jan 2, 2003
TR
i am using unix shell script for exporting and importing oracle table data. currently i ma using explicit username/password pair to connect oracle engine from export and import utilities. After deciding hardening to our servers i want to connect oracle engine from exp and imp with OS authentication as below, so i dont want to be seen our userid and password in my shell script.
exp as sysdba file='....' log='....' full=y

how can i do it in Solaris?

Thanks in advance.

Create a user with 'identified externally' and invoke imp/exp/sqlplus, etc.. like this:
Code:
exp / file=... log=...etc...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

PS: Oracle user must be same name as os user with the os_authent_prefix (vg. OPS$ORACLE)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back