Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Can I Use Embedded Photos in Hotmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

haydn

Technical User
Mar 16, 2002
GB
Hello,

I'm not sure whether this is the right forum, but my problem is that I have a flyer for an event which I want to include as an embedded item rather than an attachment to Hotmail.
I've tried getting an answer via Google, but it's not very good, except one rather confusing site which recommended uploading the image to a free image hosting service. I did this and it returned a whole list of URLs which didn't make any sense. I tried putting some of them in the body of the email, but nothing happened - except it displayed the URL!

Thanks

Mike

To embed a picture it needs to be somewhere accessible. Since you mention a free hosting site I recommend Photobucket, but any site will do.
While building the email, click on the Right Text dropdown link and select Edit in HTML.

hotmail.jpg

That will change the Email editing to HTML from there use the HTML link option from the image sharing site, and paste it as is. Click again on the editing drop down and go back to Rich Text mode. The image should immediately load in the email.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

Vacunita,

Thanks very much - it took a little bit of head scratching at first, but your instructions worked a treat. Mind you, the photo was originally with Flickr which doesn't seem to have the comprehensive editing capability that Photobucket has. I used that in the end and it was much more straightforward.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back