Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I use API to detect all running applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

deck

Programmer
Nov 22, 1999
GB
See heading. If I know the window name I can use the api calls findwindow, bringwindowtotop etc but I need to know all running applications.<br>

<br>

Help please<br>

<br>

Deck

I ran into this problem several years ago and still use routines I wrote in my current applications. There have been 3rd party software written that does this also. See <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> There are 2 listed that might work. NetLib and ??? (old age, mind goes first). <br>
<br>
Here is what I do. I have a database called loginout.dbf. (fields Date(d), Time(c,8), User(c,10) program(c,12)) Every program started by a person during the day is added to the database. When they leave the program it is deleted. There is an index for deleted records on the dbf. The routines to add records look for deleted records and resuse them. There is a index on user+program, if it finds a record match it updates the date and time fields only. To compensate for users that turn their system off or for computers that lock up, a nightly maintenanse program is run to remove records over 12 hours old. <br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back