Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can i upload multiple files to the database? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

velle27

Programmer
Jun 28, 2001
US
hi all!

im having problems uploading multiple files to the database. the scenario is that there should be only 1 filecontrol 1 button for uploading these files. currently, im displaying the files(including their full paths) on a text area. im placing my code for uploading in the button. but its not working properly. data stored in the database is only the full path and filename and not its contents.. please help me! tnx..

In Silverstream, there is some example to show how to upload file into database.(In Exampl3_HTML, pgFileAttachments.html)

If you want to upload multiple file, you can use a String array and byte array to store the full path and the file content, then use loop to upload them. Remember, to retrieve the file content and display properly, you must use mime type of the uploaded file, for example, a test file mime type is text/plain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back