Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I tell which hardware isn't working/installed properly on NT4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammer986

Technical User
Nov 28, 2002
GB
I had to do a clean re-install of NT4 server due to virus but cannot get it to install the NIC without crashing, it install fine but when it re-starts I geta blue screen with IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL error, how can I change the IRQ (which automatically sets to IRQ 11)without causing the whole thing to fall apart.

When I install the NIC and run a test, it shows the thing works fine, but the cable test fails (this worked fine previously, I'm now using the same cabl;e to access the internet temporarily through a Win98 to contact this website!). Also when NT starts up,after a whicle it says Not All Services Were started please check Event Viewer. Event Viewer says TCP/IP not started due to some component not working properly.

In Win98, I can view a hardware profile and see what is working and not working as it is marked witha yellow tag to show an error, how can I use Nt to view what is okay and what needs to be re-installed/troublshot?

You will sometimes get the IRQ error when you are not using the correct driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back