Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I tell when the package times out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VB400

Programmer
Sep 8, 1999
US
There is a timeout parameter on the package property that I can set (default 3 minutes); however, I would like to run some code at the time the timeout occurs (similar to Form_Unload). Is this possible?

In VB 6.0, your MTS package can establish a link to MTS core functionality via the ObjectContext object. This object has two methods and one property: ObjectControl_Activate(), ObjectControl_Deactivate() and ObjectControl_CanBePooled() respectively.<br>
<br>
When you want something like Form_Unload (or, better, Form_Terminate), I think you are looking for the MTS method ObjectControl_Deactivate(). For more information on this topic search Devx.com with keyword &quot;ObjectContext.&quot; <p>Bryan Wilhite<br><a href=mailto:rasx@kintespace.com>rasx@kintespace.com</a><br><a href= Funky Knowledge Base</a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back