Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I tell what type of Phone System I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurenH

MIS
Sep 11, 2003
US
Hi,

I am trying to figure out what type of phone system I have. All of my phones say Nortel. Half of them also say Meridian, and the other half say Norstar.

I know we are using a Norstar Voicemail System. The two types of phone models that we have are the M7310 and the M7208. The PBX in my Phone Closet also says both Meridian and Norstar on it.

Also, how do I know if it is a digital or analog system? I have learned information on making changes through a lot of the posts on this site, and am the most technical person this company has ever had, but I am stuck at this point. Can anyone please help!

Sounds like 2 separate systems to me. Is one cabinet in your closet labeled Meridian and another cabinet in the closet labeled Norstar? Do you have a vendor that manages the equipment? They should have documentation on what systems have been installed.

I have some old Norstar phones that say Meridian, but they are very old, but they work.

Go to this thread and it will tell you. You have to be able to get into the system.

faq799-2156 is the tread that will show you your system type.

Hope this helps.

John

The Norstar are Digital Systems.

You have a Norstar System , for more information please post it in Norstar Forum .

Wolfi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back