Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I tell if SK98 patch has been applied

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk2002

Instructor
Mar 28, 2004
PK
I am running Sidekick98 and wanted to make sure that I have applied the patch. How can I tell if the SK98patch.exe patch has been properly applied? Does the sidekick98.exe file size or date change?

Thanks for helping me confirm this.

Buczacz found this out and I am quoting him,

"If one downloads and runs skw98sea.exe, the program installs
sidekick.exe of 2859 Kb dated 12/1/97
etwill.dll 571 K dated 12/1/97
and many associated files.
This seems to be the original sk98 program.

If one downloads and runs sk98patch.exe, 1193 Kb,
sidekick.exe is changed to 2860 Kb with a 1/7/2000 date, and
original Yintl.dll, is replaced with a 79 Kb file dated 1/11/2000"

You can thank him for that by going to thread
thread807-91110
and clicking on the link like the following one below under any one of his posts.

Click here to mark this
post as a helpful
or expert post!

Regards Jim

Thanks for the info. That solves my problem. I am having a problem with this forum, though. This thread is listed as having FIVE responses, but I can only see this ONE response. How can I see the other responses? I thought mabye it was my Netscape, but I cannot see the other responses in IE as well. Any ideas?

Dear PK2002,
This is only the Third response though I have been noticing a slight oddness about the forums, in that sometimes a new one stays new for a while, but that seems to have cleared up today.
Try joining the forums and get a username and password from the main login page at tek-tips.com and see if that helps.
It is a great resource and allows you to get an email if your question/post is answered.
It doesn't require you to give much information and they don't appear to give your name/address to anyone as I have not received any unsolicited response in the last 1 Year since I joined.
Regards Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back