Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i synchronization the time in winxp with LAF-card? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilse

Technical User
Feb 13, 2011
SE
Hello!

I have a LAF card on my NT4 workstation.
My plan is to use the LAF card on WinXp instead.

I have tried to use the card with Xp and installed all nice applications (v 8.9 sp4), but the system clock on winxp won´t synchronize with the IRIG-B signal that comes in to the LAF-card.

Is it something i have to do, some special driver or something?

When i use the LAF-Card on NT4 i don´t install any extra driver for the LAF-card, but maybe i have to do it if i use winxp?

/thanks for helping

supported OS

Operating System
For the NiceLog Recorder: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5
For NICE Applications: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows NT 4

Hmm ok, I use Nice Application 8.9 sp4 and everything else seems working on winxp, everything but the timesync=(.

Thanks!

I know i can use NTP but the system i use is not allowed to be connected to the network=(. That´s why i want to use a IRIG-B signal.
If i use network i i have to use a firewall, and i don´t want to use that.

I found a card from meinberg that can handle the irig-b signal and suport winxp. i have ordered one of this and i will have it next week.
I think i can get it to work then. I know that i can´t replace the LAF-card with the meinberg card, but i will try to use them together.
The Mainberg card to sync the system time with the IRIG-b signal and the LAF card to handle the alarms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back