Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I set up a Web Service in Apache ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxidized

Programmer
Nov 20, 2000
KR
Sorry for the noob question, but I can't get around this and every tutorial on the web assumes this is already set up.
I have a MonoDevelop WebService project compiled (asmx, web.config, the bin folder with the dll inside, etc) and an Apache server running on Windows.
I upload the files into the server, but I'm not sure how to actualy consume the service hosted.

How can I check if the webservice is published and available ?

Any tip would be appreciated, thanks.

The answer is probably going to depend on what this webservice is, how it is supposed to be accessed and by what.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

As you may noticed, I'm kinda lost. I dealt with WS technology in the past (WSDL + SOAP) but in a very different environment.
Right now I needed to set up a service to upload and download bytearrays and I thought in doing it with MonoDevelop - C# - Apache.
After several hours of trying (my web skills are second to none) I decided to drop it and make a kick solution based on python (simple POST + GET server with no WSDL or anything like that).

Did the trick, thanks for the answer.

Oxidized said:
(simple POST + GET server with no WSDL or anything like that).

Oh yes, the simplest solution is usually the best.

It kind of makes you wonder why we do often torture ourselves needlessly with the latest and greatest paradigm in the path to technical supremacy.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back