Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I set up a VPN network to use the other computer IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaik

Programmer
Aug 23, 2011
ES
How can I set up a VPN network to use the other computer IP?
Hi there.

First I'll explain what do I want so make sure this can be made with VPN. If there is another way I'd also like to know.

Using Win7 to connect a Win7 or an XP

I want to set up a VPN network between 2 computers in different countries so MY computer gets the other computer's IP from its internet connection,

meaning: I have a computer with my family in the US and I'm living outside the US for some years. There is an online game I want to try but it only allows US IPs to log in, so I want to use my computer in the US to connect to it and get its US IP so I can log into this online game.

I've heard about doing with VPN networks or proxies but I have no idea and since I have that computer there and my family can help me to set it up, I wonder if I could connect to that computer in the US and get their IP.

I have a Win7 and a Win XP computers which I could connect to, so how could I do this? my comp is Win7.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back