Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can i set up a second dc

Status
Not open for further replies.

enolasco

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
US
hi i have two windows 2k server one of then is active directory and the second one is a member server..my question is that im trying to add the second server to the domain and it doesnt let me.. iam a new to all of these

Install AD and the wizard will prompt you for the needed info and it will install it as a second server (w2k has no bdc concept but all servers are using AD sync. to update info. first server is automatically the DC)

thx... i have one of the server with active directory install, im just trying two make the second server a dc

If you want to have the 2nd server as a dc in a separte domain run the ad install while the server is not a member of a domain. If you want the 2nd server to be a 2nd dc in an existing domain just install ad because otherwise it can only be a member server.

All w2k domains require servers to have ad installed to function as dc

regards
ava

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back