Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I serialize an Any received in my Client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtrask

Programmer
Sep 12, 2001
US
I am writing a client to interface with a third party application via their corba interface. The way the client works is that it obtains a Connection object from the server (third party app), and provides a callback object that implements an method called "processMessage". The server invokes processMessage, providing an argument of type "Any", when it has a message for me to process.

Inside my callback object, I write the processMessage method to extract data from the Any and process it. I am trying to write the received data to persistent storage, so that it can be processed by another application. Because the classes generated by the IDL (which I could extract from the Any) are not serializable, and the Any itself is also not serializable, I'm having trouble determining how to write the object to persistent storage without doing a field by field move to a new object I'd create that is serializable. I don't want to do this becasue this would make my code difficult to maintain when new objects are passed to me via the Any.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back