Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I send data to Excel or Word from a cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.

EinarPS

Programmer
Mar 31, 2001
SE
I am developing a small system in FoxPro (7.00).
My users will bee able to print an invoice to their customers from the system.
The invoice is made in FoxPro Report Designer.
Most of my customers do not have access to the Foxpro development environment and cannot do even small adjustments to the report.
So I have to make all the adjustments they want to do (moving the logotype and so on) myself

My idea is to make a template for Excel or Word and then update it from the cursor.
Before starting to learn all about ActiveX, Com+ VBA or whatever the tool is named, I would bee very glad for some tips.
Where do I begin to learn, (literature)
Is there somebody who can send me an example?
Briefly: Some start-up hints. Please

The book I used as a reference for this is:

"Microsoft Office Automation with Visual FoxPro", by Tamar E Granor & Della Martin.

This will tell you everything you need to know to get you started, and is available from Amazon if you can afford to buy it!

HTH

And of course both Word and Excel have help files on how to program them. They can be found by searching your system for VBAXL or VBAWD and lool for .chm files. In my system they're vbaxl10.chm and vbawd10.chm, but it depends on what version of office you have installed on your computer. Dave Dardinger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back