Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I send an Email with attachement using Lotus Notes from VFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lengliz

Programmer
Feb 15, 2005
TN
Thank you for help

Not a com server. You can't automate it. Might be able to do something with shellexecute, but I expect you'll be disappointed.

Brian

Lengliz,

Brian's right. If Notes is registered as the user's default mail handler, ShellExecute() will open a message-composing window, but the user will have to manually send the message.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Baltman

Not a com server. You can't automate it. Might be able to do something with shellexecute, but I expect you'll be disappointed.

I have seen the following many time, and I have used too.

Code:
loNotesSession = CREATEOBJECT("Lotus.NotesSession")

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.
ReFox XI (www.mcrgsoftware.com)

Why don't you just use CDP for Windows 2000 and later. That way you are not dependent on the particular e-mail client installed on the machine. There are pleanty of examples of how to use CDO in the forum archives and you can also find good information here:
Marcia G. Akins

Notes has been a COM server since at least R.4 and possibly earlier -- but Lotus doesn't exactly trumpet that fact, and Notes developers think the underlying technology was developed by Lotus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back