Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I select all text in textbox in after update event

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwilly

Technical User
Apr 11, 2000
US
I have a form that users enter order numbers in to find them. This form has only one field that the user can enter into. I would like to make it select everything in the field after the user enters the search criteria. I have tried setting the focus on this field and have also tried doing a sendkey event, neither have worked.
Can someone help?

Thanks for the response. I have played with those functions but was unable to make them work.

Exactly what are you trying to do? If I have a text box on my form, and I refer to "Me!TextBox.Value", that will return all the text typed in to that text box. There should be no reason to 'select' it unless you are planning a C&P or something.

What happens after the user types in all his/her text? Is there a command button to click or something? Remember, you're unique - just like everyone else
You're invited to visit another free Access forum:
or my site,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back