Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i retrieve only records fr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahi447

Programmer
Jan 12, 2018
US
How can i retrieve only records from start to end index in SearchQuery , Example i am doing search against the date range which give me 10k records but if i give start index 501 and end index as 600 in my result set i should see only 100 records not all 600 records.

How this can be achieve through LAPI api in java

consult the search (XML) API in question. LAPI,CWS,OSCRIPT,REST all of them call the search API under the covers
each programming language will have its own parsing mechanism to interpret the results

Search XML works in any old livelink here you can see a FAQ written in very long back

In your LAPI code you need not even run LAPI Search you can just use the xml returned dataids and do what ever you need with it.
LAPI has been deprecated for about 10 years and all programmers have left the arena so do not expect any LAPI help from OT forums or here
other than obvious pointers.Perhaps LL programmers who knew LAPI can be employed for a price but pro bono you might not get much.
LL971 should work fine with CWS.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back