Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I Restore from network drive 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thattekguy

Vendor
Feb 2, 2007
US
I have a 201i that died (rls 3.0), replaced the hard drive, restore from tape works but it's an old copy, the tape backups have been failing. We were able to do a backup to a folder on another pc, how can I restore from this folder? I keep getting errors saying the tape list failed, or the device is not ready,also got invalid user name and password afew times. I put ngensys and it's password as a user on the network drive also. Any ideas?

Here's a method I've used before.
1) Make sure there is plenty of free space on the 201i D: partition. Enough to copy the approx 3.4G backup file.
2) On the D drive create a folder ex: "bkup"
3) Make sure the directory of backup on the network drive is shared
4) From 201i console go to start/run and enter the IP address of remote server or PC Ex: \\192.168.10.10
5) When prompted for UserID & Password enter a local account or network login info
6) Copy the backed up file from Network Drive to the 201i D:/bkup directory.
7) Log in to CallPilot Manager, Go to System/BackupRestore tab
From Select Task chose Maintain/Config Backup Devices
Click on Add Device
For Device Name enter "Drive D:"
For Path enter \\.D:\bkup
8) From 201i console go to the backup & restore tool and the D drive will now show up as a device then click list backups and start the restore.

You'll notice the procees will be a lot faster than restoring from tape. When all done be sure to delete the backup file on the D drive to free up disk space.

You can also use this in reverse mode to create a full backup to the D drive then copy it to your laptop, just remember to always delete it when done.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back