Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i repair an Excel 2010 Report that seems to be corrupted? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson920

IS-IT--Management
Apr 16, 2012
US
Hi:
I've got an Excel 2010 report that I update each week and save with under a new file name. This report has no programming or even equations in it. But I've noticed that over time it takes longer and longer to save, even though it is only a 1 MB file. I would like to do something to repair this file without having to recreate it from scratch. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Regards,
David

I would suggest trying:
[ol 1]
[li]Create a new workbook, then copy the worksheets from said existing workbook to the new workbook, then save as whatever name you want to give it.[/li]
[li]Another option: Create new workbook AND new worksheets within it with same names, then copy, paste-special-values into the worksheets, assuming no formulas and special formatting. If special formatting, obviously this option leaves much to be desired.[/li]
[/ol]

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Thanks for your reply, Kjv. I will try option 1 and see if it helps.

So there is no repair function in Excel 2010?

Jackson920,

If kjv1611's tip was helpful, as it appears from your last reply, it would be very appropriate, and it would also help other members who are browsing the forum for good tips, if you would hit that [blue]Great Post[/blue] link in the lower right-hand of kjv1611's post.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back