Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I recover from the mess made by MS JET Engine on my ODBC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic

Programmer
Jun 14, 2000
US
I'm using PWS on my PC to run ASPs and using ADO to access my DBF files. I decided to install Microsoft JET (4.0) so that I'll be able to use "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" aside from MSDASQL.
My problem is I can no longer use my FoxPro Driver after an installation of the Microsoft Jet failed to finish because the files in the installation pack is incomplete (downloaded from Microsoft's website). I checked on my ODBC config and when I try to check the "Microsoft FoxPro Driver", the system displays an error message stating that it no longer supports the driver and is replaced by "Microsoft Visual FoxPro driver" (though the replacement driver is not installed).
Can anybody help me clean up this mess? Is there any workaround or tricks to fix this?

I have a similar problem, did you ever find any solutions?

regards

Matt

I was forced to use the "Microsoft Visual Foxpro Driver" instead. As a result, I kissed the SEEK and other useful methods of the Recordset object GOOD BYE.

On the bright side, I'm now practicing uniform coding. I can now migrate to various types of databases without rewriting my application. I just need to modify my connection strings.

Medic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back