Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I recover deleted items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsworthcl

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2005
GB
I was told it was possible to recover items empted from the Deleted items folder in Outlook 2003 \Exchange 2003. Is this possible, if so how? Need to recover deleted items from specific user. Thanks

If you have deleted item retension on your exchange server (default 7 days, you highlight the deleted items folder and goto -> tools -> recover deleted items within outlook.

Not quite sure what you mean by "If you have deleted item retension on your exchange server"

I tried "goto -> tools -> recover deleted items within outlook", but I cannot see option to recover deleted items.

Please help

>Not quite sure what you mean

Recovering deleted items from the deleted items folder is only available if your Exchange Administrator has enabled delete retention on the Exchange Server

And changing the setting isn't retroactive, I'm afraid; i.e. you won't be able to recover anything removed from the deleted items folder prior to activating the server setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back