Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I reactivate a disabled "Task Manager" in WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

busuabo

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
CA
The "Task Manager" in my system ( WinXP Pro + SP1 ) was disabled by some Website without my knowlege (even though I have the newest ZoneAlarm Pro and F-Prot in the system !! ). Each time I press Ctrl+ Alt+Del , I get the message " Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator" . Please advise how to reactivate the Task Manager . Thanks.

If a site disabled it, did you try running ad-ware and anti virus scans to see if there is something locking it out? Ad-Aware SE and spy bot search and destroy. Even though some programs are good these days it take more than one malware scanner to keep a system clean and running.

sounds like a virus...try SAFE MODE

I bet you can not acess regedit either

or the control panal

a repair re-install may fix the issue but you should also look into upgrading to service pack 2

you need to start backing up your data because you may need to do a full clean install

Thanks, htmlman & firewolfrl , for your advices :) !

I ran Ad-Aware , got rid of a few mal-wares and everything is back to normal again. I am still very lucky not having to re-install Winndows XP .

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back